TRAVEL ADVICE FOR PORTUGAL
Holiday preparation is vital to problem free vacation to Portugal. By doing your groundwork prior to going for Portugal, you april minimise the odds of some thing going wrong. Thousands of travellers very often regret for not doing these easy pre travel steps right before heading for Portugal.
Look for the most updated medical services accessible and travel health information for Portugal from the table underneath. You may, also, obtain a vast selection of tips to help you get ready for a safe and delightful trip to Portugal and a safe stay whilst you are in there.
Travel Health Advice for Portugal
Travel insurance tips for Portugal
Travel advice for Portugal
Travel Health Advice For Portugal
You may also obtain further travel health advice from travel vaccination for Portugal
The travel advice information on this travel immunisation website does not replace your doctor's advice. Information about travel disease risk in Portugal and travel vaccination immunisation for portugal are drawn from the centres for Disease Control websites around the world and refers to known health risks in Portugal.
The travel health information for Portugal provided does not include any information relating to disease outbreaks, which may occur regularly and with little warning.
Talk to your doctor before you travel to Portugal for the most up to date travel health and travel immunisation information.
Tips for Portugal Travel Insurance
- Ensure that you understand exactly what your travel insurance covers as they are not unlimited. It may not cover you for cancellation or change to travel plans.
- Clarify any policy issues directly with the insurer.
- Ensure that medical cover is adequate for possible expenses in Portugal. Ensure you declare any pre-existing medical conditions you may have.
- Generally, cover for luggage and personal belongings is limited and expensive items such as cameras, laptops and/or jewellery may have a may have a per-item limit.
- Exclusions: Standard exclusions exist on all travel insurance policies such as acts of civil unrest, self inflicted injury, loss/theft of unattended baggage and pre-existing medical conditions. Travel insurance policies may be invalidated where injuries are sustained under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Travel Tips For Travel To Portugal
- Check the latest travel advice for Portugal from any of the following sources: UK travel advice for Portugal, US State Department travel warnings for Portugal or Canadian government travel advice for Portugal.
- Take out an appropriate travel insurance for Portugal to cover hospital treatment, medical evacuation and any activities, including adventure sports, in which you plan to Portugal.
- Before travelling to Portugal register your travel and contact details online or at your local embassy or consulate once you arrive in Portugal, so they can contact you in an emergency.
- Obey the Portuguese law. Consular assistance cannot override local Portuguese laws, even where local laws appear harsh or unjust by your country’s standards.
- Check to see if you require visas for Portugal or countries you are visiting or transiting. Be aware that a Portuguese visa does not guarantee entry into Portugal.
- Make copies of your passport details, travel insurance policy, travellers cheques, visas and credit card numbers. Carry one copy in a separate spot to the originals and leave a copy with somebody at home.
- Check with health care professionals for details on recommended vaccinations along with other precautions for Portugal and learn about Portugal laws and regulations on travelling with prescriptions.
- Leave a copy of your holiday itinerary with somebody at home and stay in regular contact with relatives and friends while in Portugal.
Dual Nationality Holders
Before departing your home country check whether you are regarded as a national of the Portugal.
Research whether holding dual nationality has any implications for your travel.
Passport Validity For Portugal
Ensure your passport has at least six months validity from your planned date of return to your home country. Portugal will refuse entry on arrival and some airlines will not allow passengers to board flights if their passport does not meet this requirement.
Before travelling, you should contact the Portuguese embassy or consulates
of each country you intend to visit to confirm the entry requirements.
Portuguese Embassies Worldwide
2001 - 2012